All Hail King Julien (also known as All Hail King Julien: Exiled for the fifth season) is an American computer-animated comedy television series. It stars characters from the DreamWorks Animation animated film Madagascar. It stars the main three lemurs; King Julien, Mort and Maurice from the Madagascar franchise and takes place in Madagascar and before the events of the first film making it a prequel. It is the second DreamWorks Animation show to be based on the Madagascar franchise.
Why It Rocks
- It is a prequel to the first Madagascar film, taking place before the moment where Alex and friends reach Madagascar, and ending when this moment happens.
- The animation is an upgrade from The Penguins of Madagascar, due to the larger budget the series has compared to TPoM, and it looks a lot more movie quality. The larger budget also allows for half-hour episodes and storylines compared to the 11 minute episodes of TPoM (Not counting the specials).
- It has lots of continuity, with a whole season involving a story arc involving King Julien being exiled.
- The fifth season of the series, was the hilarious parody of HBO's serialized action-fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones.
- Likable characters, such as the returning King Julien, Mort, and Maurice, even the new characters such as Timo and Clover are likable.
- It is quite funny, especially since King Julien is the star of the show.
- The plane from Madagascar 2 appears in some episodes, alluding to the events of that film.
- Entertaining and unique storylines.
- The final episode was a perfect way to end the series.
- It gives Julien's character more depth.
- The theme song is extremely cringeworthy, since it tries to be hip and cool by being a rap theme song but it fails horribly.
- The show suddenly went on hiatus after Season 2. However, this ended when Season 3 became a thing.
- Excessive use of fart jokes and similar humor.