Back at the Barnyard is a Nickelodeon computer-animated television series that is based on the 2006 film, Barnyard. The series premiered on September 29, 2007 on Nickelodeon. The show is produced by Omation Animation Studio, in association with Nickelodeon Animation Studios. The last episode aired on November 12, 2011 on Nicktoons.
Why It Rocks
- Compared to the successful box office hit, it was based on, it was a major improvement.
- Very hilarious moments, such as Pig interrupting each episode to break the fourth wall in a humorous and charming way.
- It spawned the "Viewer Mail Time" and "Ask Dr. Pig" memes.
- The CGI animation made done-well.
- Otis' relationship with Abby the cow is very interesting to watch.
- Plenty of likable characters, such as the main animals: Otis, Abby, Bessy, Pip, Pig, Freddy, Peck and Duke.
- The theme song is very hilarious.
- It feels like a infamous movie.
- Very intimidating main antagonists, such as Snotty Boy and Mrs. Beady.
- Original and creative stories and plots, such as Otis, Freddy and Pig dressing up as girls and ending up dating Snotty Boy and his friends.
- Talented voice acting, especially from Wanda Sykes, Tino Insana, Cam Clarke and Rob Paulsen.
- Great jokes.
- Intelligent writing.
- It only lasted for 2 seasons.
- It kind of ignores the theme of the original movie it was based on, and Otis still acts immature, despite knowing that he can't anymore.
- Characters from the film, like Daisy, Miles the mule, Maddy the chick, Lil' Ben, and the fan-favorite, Biggie Cheese, were left out without any explanation.
- Otis, Eddy, Igg and Bud are male cows, yet they still have udders.
- Chris Hardwick's impression of Kevin James can be annoying at times.