Band Geeks is the 15th episode of the second season of SpongeBob Squarepants and is the highest rated episode of the series.
Squidward starts a marching band to play at the Bubble Bowl and rubs it on Squillam's face.
Why It Rocks
- Squidward is the main protagonist of this episode.
- The introduction of Squillam Fancyson, Squidward's arch-rival.
- Hilarious jokes and moments, such as "Is mayonnaise an instrument?", which became an internet meme, and when Squidward's face gets distorted by a loud blast of music.
- This is one of the rare episodes where Squidward gets a happy ending. Although, episodes after this episode had Squidward getting a happy ending are "House Fancy", "Love That Squid", "Suction Cup Symphony", "Squid Plus One", and "Enchanted Tiki Dreams".
- The ending is truly magnificent, as it is one of the most memorable moments in history of the show's run.
- The ending was unfortunately cut off in the Italian version.
- The song was petitioned to be played in the Super Bowl as a tribute to Stephen Hillenburg. But sadly a short, 15-second clip of Squidward in his marching band attire introducing a "true musical genius who needs no introduction", the Sweet Victory intro playing, and instead playing Travis Scott's Sicko Mode. Criticism ensued across the internet by many people and fans of the show who felt betrayed. The Dallas Stars (an NHL team) showed just how much the NFL dropped the ball by playing Sweet Victory the following night during the second intermission.