Big Hero 6: The Series is an animated series produced by Disney Television Animation, and based on the 2014 Disney movie Big Hero 6. It was created by Kim Possible creators Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley. The animation utilizes traditional 2D animation, rather than the 3D animation from the film.
The series continues the adventures of 14-year-old tech genius Hiro Hamada and his robot best friend Baymax. Joining the pair on their journey is neat freak and scaredy-cat Wasabi, chemistry scientist Honey Lemon, comic fanboy Fred, and athletic electromagnetical engineer Go Go Tomago, whom together form the Big Hero 6 superhero team. As the new prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, Hiro faces daunting academic challenges, not to mention the social trials of being the little man on campus. The stakes are also raised for the high-tech heroes when they must protect their city from an array of scientifically enhanced villains.
Why It Rocks
- It is very written, as it takes place after the events of the film, and continues the series from there.
- All of the characters from the film are still the same.
- Amazing traditional handdrawn animation.
- Amazing voice acting as all of the voice actors (except T.J. Miller and Damon Waynes Jr.) reprise their roles in this.
- There are even special guest stars like Stan Lee, and Gordon Ramsay.
- Very cool new villains like Obake. Yama also appears as a major antagonist.
- Great theme song
- The character designs (While looks a lot like the ones from the film) Haven't aged well
- Some toilet humor