Blaze and the Monster Machines is a Canadian CGI interactive educational animated television series with a focus of learning about STEM, as well as teaching facts about Animals (in the "Wild Wheels" episodes). The series premiered on Nickelodeon on October 13, 2014. It was renewed for a fourth season in June 2016.
Plot[edit | edit source]
AJ is an 8-year-old techie who drives monster-truck Blaze, the top racer in Axle City. The two go on adventures that have them taking on problems involving science and math.
Why It Rocks[edit | edit source]
- Awesome theme song.
- Very educational, as it focuses on teaching children about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)
- Decent CGI animation.
- The background design is considerably realistic.
- Very likable group of characters, such as Blaze, AJ, Gabby and Zeg.
- Blaze and AJ are an adorable pair.
- Blaze talks to the audience in a charming way that isn't pandering.
- Crusher is an adorable and hilarious antagonist.
- Awesome episode plots.
- The songs are extremely catchy, such as the Freezing Song.
- Entertaining "couple comedy" provided by Crusher and his sidekick Pickle.
- The scenes where the monster machines are racing are unbelievably entertaining.
- Most of the sound effects are hilarious, and really add a very "cartoon-y" feel to the show.
- AJ's voice actress, Caleel Harris, also voices Clyde McBride from The Loud House.
Bad Qualities[edit | edit source]
- The plot is a little strange. Usually a little child driving a monster truck wouldn't end well.
- Much like Dora the Explorer, anyone above the target audience for this show would probably find Blaze's 4th wall breaking annoying.
- Crusher is often too dumb to live, believing that cheating is the only way to win, and never learning his lesson. Even Pickle, who is often a simpleton, has been shown silently snarking when Crusher decides to cheat.
- Also infuriating is that Crusher never gets caught by race officials for cheating, meaning that, even if he doesn't win (which he never does), he always gets off scot-free.
- It rips off Jungle Junction.