Buddy Thunderstruck is a 2017 stop-motion animated series that aired on Netflix on March of the same year.
The misadventures of Buddy Thunderstruck, a country racing dog and his ferret sidekick, Darnell.
Why It Rocks
- It is Netflix's done right version of Cartoon Network and Qubo's ill-fated and obscure animated series, Scaredy Squirrel.
- Buddy himself is a likeable and entertaining protagonist.
- Well fast paste stop motion animation that fits the goofy tone of the show.
- Cleverly plotted comedy such as Buddy being lii responsible for his actions and being to oblivious to them.
- Funny antagonists such as Tex Jr. and Sheriff Cannonball.
- Witty dialogue.
- Cool smoke effect that's actually done via cotton.
- The Belvedere Moneybags arc is very interesting.
- Buddy and Tex Jr. can be unlikeable sometimes
- For a kids show, it’s filled to the brim with innuendo, like Beaver Dam Fast Pizza and the infamous “Leroy’s private parts.”
- There's a few worst episodes of the show such as Get the Hock Out, Cannonballistic, and Buddy Double.