"Changes" is the second episode of the "What a Cartoon!" pilot series, and the third part of the fourth episode in the first season of Dexter's Laboratory.
Dexter and Dee Dee test the former's latest invention - a device that turns people into animals, which yields crazy results.
Why It Rocks
- It was the pilot episode of Dexter's Laboratory before it became a full show, meaning that we get introduced to what made the show good, such as a boy genius named Dexter who has a laboratory, his hyperactive sister, Dee Dee who likes to mess things up, Dexter's amazing inventions, and so much more!
- Speaking of which, Dexter's room having a giant laboratory beside it is very impressive and original, along with the "keep out" signs seen on his room door.
- Dexter's invention is pretty cool and interesting, as the button turns the other person into any type of animal, and watching Dee Dee and Dexter play around with the animal swapping remote is entertaining.
- The animation looks very colorful and detailed, even for 1995 standards.
- Funny Ending: After Dexter and Dee Dee toy around with the animal swapping remote multiple times, they become normal again but are in the wrong voices. Mom calls them downstairs or they'll be late for the bus and it ends with Dexter saying that he done everything else in Dee Dee's body.
- Hypocrisy: Dee Dee gets angry at Dexter just for touching her doll, but Dee Dee ironically touches Dexter's experiments and messes around with them and the buttons.
- There's one animation error where Dee Dee's tights disappear when her and Dexter become normal after toying around with the animal swapping remote.
- It holds a rating of 8/10 on IMDB.