Codename: Kids Next Door, commonly abbreviated to Kids Next Door or KND, is an American animated television series created by Mr. Warburton for Cartoon Network, and the 13th of the network's Cartoon Cartoons.
The series centers on the adventures of five children who operate from a high-tech tree house, fighting against adult and teen villains with advanced 2×4 technology. Using their codenames (Numbuh 1, Numbuh 2, Numbuh 3, Numbuh 4 and Numbuh 5), they are Sector V, part of a global organization called the "Kids Next Door".
Why It Rocks
- This TV show is very creative. The idea of kids having their own treehouse and going on missions against evil teenagers and adults is very interesting, and what the show does with the idea is great.
- Likable characters that get fleshed out over the course of the show such as Sector V, Numbuh 362, Numbuh 86 and Tommy "Numbuh T" Gilligan.
- Smooth animation. Even by early 2000’s standards.
- Awesome soundtrack.
- Numbuh 5's personality is so adorable.
- Even though there have been a plethora of plot-driven cartoons in the 2010s since Adventure Time, this show, along with Ben 10 (2005 Original) and Avatar: The Last Airbender, could be considered the one that started the trend amongst mainstream cartoons.
- Many of the villains in the show represent the exaggerated fears of a typical 10 year old kid.
- Creative weapons and machines.
- Clever writing.
- It spawned both video games, which are both cult classics, despite being received poor reviews.
- Tons of funny moments.
- It got a crossover with The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, which was well received.
- Memorable episodes such as Operation: G.R.O.W.-U.P., Operation: E.N.D., Operation: A.R.C.H.I.V.E. and the Operation C.A.K.E.D. saga.
- Heartwarming series finale, Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S..
- Great TV movie, Operation Z.E.R.O..
- Unlikeable characters like Numbuh 86, Lizzie, and Mushi.
- The characters' complaining can get out of hand sometimes.
- Nigel/Numbuh 1's workoholia occasionally makes him unlikable.
- Excessive amounts of toilet humor.