WARNING: Spoilers Below, Read At Your Own Risk.
"Come Along With Me" is the thirteenth episode in the ninth season of Adventure Time. It is the two-hundred eightieth episode overall. It is the series finale of Adventure Time, one of Cartoon Network's most influential and longest running shows.
In this special, duo Finn and Jake must help their friend Princess Bubblegum battle Gumbald, her vengeful creation.
Why It Rocks
- The episode officially marked the end of Adventure Time, one of CN's most influential shows that saved the channel from creative rut it was in. The way they decided to end it was perfect.
- They introduce to us two brand new characters: Shermy and Beth the Pup Princess, the Finn and Jake of the future.
- They made Fern's death a subtle reference to Spider Man's death in Avengers: Infinity War.
- You And I Will Always Be Back Then (Time Adventure) and Come Along With Me (Song) are really emotional songs.
- Fern dying then turning into a tall tree 1000 years later is really satisfying.
- They finally explain to us about the things that were in Ooo, one-thousand years later, like the Ice Thing being revealed to be Gunter and the large tree at the site of Finn and Jake's Tree Fort that was shown in Lemonhope Part 2 and Graybles 1000+ being revealed to be Fern.
- False advertising: They made it seem like the war was going to be a huge part of it when it never happened thanks to Finn and Jake.
- The first half of the episode was mostly consisted of filler
- Golb's appearance didn’t have much buildup to it so it basically was a huge dues ex machina and it was WAY too coincidental
- Golb is also a very bad villain because it just stands there still, not speaking or moving, while making everything die
4. The Princess Bubblegum and Marceline kiss scene, while good, seems to be very rushed and only to do what the fanbase wanted, even though it probably won’t work since they already failed their relationship once.