Disney+ (pronounced Disney Plus) is an American subscription video on-demand (SVOD) streaming service owned by the Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International division of The Walt Disney Company. The service debuted on November 12, 2019, in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands.
Disney+ is focused on the film and television content from Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television. Original films and television series based on new and existing properties are also available, including content from Disney, Lucasfilm/Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar. The service competes with other general-interest subscription services, and complements ESPN+ and Hulu as part of Disney's over-the-top strategy.
Why It RocksEdit
- When Disney received its own streaming service.
- Very cheap. It only costs $7 for every month you have Disney+. Plus, if you have Verizon, you get one free year of Disney+! But if you don't, you get one free week.
- It has everything a Disney fan, Pixar fan, Marvel fan, or Star Wars fan needs, from the very first Disney short film (Steamboat Willie) to the recent films like Avengers: Endgame, and even iconic FOX a shows like The Simpsons.
- While similar to Netflix, it has its own identity, and makes its own original content less Netflix-esque.
- Though it doesn't carried any R and NC-17 or TV-MA-rated content, the 1994 mystery-drama film, Color of Night, is the ONLY adult-oriented Disney movie that Disney+ ever had.
- Content is able to be streamed in resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD in Dolby Vision and HDR10, with Dolby Atmos sound on supported devices.
- Classic TV series like Gargoyles, DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, and Spider-Man (1994) are on there, too.
- Besides The Mandalorian, there are also great Disney+ originals like Forky Asks A Question, Marvel's Hero Project, and Short Circuit.
- The Star Wars Prequel and Original Trilogies finally got color-corrected.
- Since 21st Century Fox assets was acquired by Disney, it DID NOT carry any R and NC-17 or TV-MA-rated content.
- Some content got censored, like The Simpsons episode "Stark Raving Dad" being removed by the producers, because they believed in the infamous Leaving Neverland documentary.
- A lot of Disney shows are not on the service, such as Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Motorcity, Wander Over Yonder, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Raw Toonage, Marsupilami, Dave the Barbarian, Lloyd in Space, Pepper Ann, The Weekenders, Fillmore!, and a lot others.
- A lot of shows on the service are either missing episodes, or are out of order, such as The Proud Family, Kim Possible, Recess, and others.
- It still has some bad films such as Pooh's Heffalump Movie and Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil.