Don't Hug Me I'm Scared (often abbreviated to DHMIS) is a surreal musical horror comedy web series created by British filmmakers Becky Sloan and Joseph Pelling. It consists of six episodes, released from 29 July 2011 to 19 June 2016 through the artists' website, YouTube, and Vimeo. The series combines segments in live action, puppetry, traditional animation, and computer animation.
Step inside into the imaginative and frankly terrifying world of Becky & Joe with DHMIS.
Why It Rocks
- The concept about a horror parody from puppetry edutainment shows like Sesame Street is an interesting idea.
- Spawned some internet memes, like "Green is not a creative color" and "That's not enough time!".
- The moments of the gore and creepiness are very educational, which is nice.
- A bunch of well-hidden details that will make theorists interested.
- The plot twists are quite disturbing by surprise.
- The fourth wall break in DHMIS 4 is creative.
- The mysteries and lore is well put together.
- The puppets' designs are pretty creative.
- The animated segments are good.
- The songs are great overall.
- Some very disturbing scenes.
DHMIS got a 8.2 rating on IMDB.
The people who worked on this show later worked on The Puppets, an episode of The Amazing World of Gumball.