Dora the Explorer
Dora the Explorer is an American educational animated TV series created by Chris Gifford, Valerie Walsh Valdes and Eric Weiner. Dora the Explorer became a regular series from 2000 to 2014, before airing its last few episodes in the US in 2019. The show is carried on the Nickelodeon cable television network, including the associated Nick Jr. channel.
The show features the adventures of young Dora, her monkey Boots, Backpack and other animated friends. In each episode, viewers join Dora on an adventure in an animated world set inside a computer. The titular character seeks viewers' help in solving a puzzle or mystery she faces in each episode.
Why These Seasons Rock
- Cute characters, such as the protagonist Dora and her helper, Boots the Monkey, and wonderful animation to make them. There are multiple secondary characters, who are often good models like the animal helper Diego.
- Fun and interesting stories with a decent variety of plot types that are always educative such as helping someone returning home to his relatives, aiding someone in finding his true potential and bringing back an object to his owner, along with a few episodes based on characters' backstories such as Dora telling how she had her backpack in the first place.
- Swiper is a well characterized and not obnoxious villain, since while he almost always is the antagonist of Dora and her friends, he sometimes help them, resulting in being a not stereotypical villain, averting the usual characterization of villains in preschool kids shows.
- It was the first big bilingual children's cartoon, as it teaches us how to speak Spanish.
- Catchy songs.
- A wide variety of scenarios depending on the episode, resulting in episodes being adventurous (like searching for a pirate's treasure), fairy (like travelling to a fairy tale world) or based on simpler activities like getting an ice cream.
- Relies a lot on fourth wall breaking when Dora needs to find a particular object or a part of the environment, providing great amounts of interactions for the viewer.
- It earned an amazing, self-aware movie in 2019.
- Had a crossover with its spin off show, ''Go Diego Go!''.
- Dora's constant fourth wall breaking can be considered annoying by older kids and adults, since she often stays silent for several seconds in order to leave time to the kid viewer to reply.
- Seasons 3-8 weren't received very well by critics.
- Dora the Explorer on IMDb
- Dora The Explorer on Nick Jr. Australia
- Dora The Explorer On Nick Jr. US
- Dora The Explorer On Nick Jr. UK
- Dora The Explorer on Treehouse
- Dora The Explorer On Nick Canada