Dragon Tales is a Canadian–American animated preschool fantasy adventure children's television series on PBS Kids. The series ran September 6, 1999, to November 25, 2005.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Emmy and Max discover a magical place called Dragon Land where they meet dragons Ord in blue, Cassie in pink, Zak in green, Wheezie in purple, and the wise Quetzal in yellow. The kids and dragons face challenges together. Each episode features Dragon Tunes, perfect for kids at home to sing along.
Why It Rocks[edit | edit source]
- Very creative. The idea of a magic dragon scale that transports children to a magical world called Dragon Land is very interesting.
- Speaking of Dragon Land, the entire world is very beautiful, creative and well-drawn.
- Wonderful and appealing animation.
- Many likable characters, like siblings Max and Emmy and the dragons, Ord in blue, Cassie in pink, Zack in green, Weezie in purple, and Quetzal in yellow.
- It manages to teach children about going through various challenges and solving problems, such as teamwork, sharing, facing your fears, anger management and standing up to a bully.
- Top-notch voice acting.
- Catchy theme song.
- Catchy, jazzy songs from the Dragon Tunes skit.
Bad Qualities[edit | edit source]
- Ord, despite being big and strong, can be such a coward at times.
- Zak and Wheezie tend to argue too much.
- Enrique was an unnecessary addition in the third season, and may have contributed to the show's end.
- "No Hitter" is considered to be the worst episode of the show.
- "Big Funky Cloud" is considered to be the saddest episode of the show.