Drake and Josh is an American teen sitcom that ran on Nickelodeon from January 11, 2004 until September 16, 2007. The series, created by Dan Schneider, focuses on Drake and Josh, who hang out each other, after suddenly becoming stepbrothers, as Drake and his sister Megan's mother, and Josh's father get married.
Drake Parker and Josh Nichols couldn't be more different, and now that they've become stepbrothers and live in the same house, those differences are all the more obvious. With separate friends and aspirations in high school, the new siblings have unpredictable days and hilarious adventures while getting used to being family.
Why It Rocks
- Drake and Josh are a hilarious comedy duo.
- Likable and hilarious characters, like Drake, Josh, Walter, and Craig and Eric.
- Funny jokes and gags.
- Plenty of heartwarming moments, like the ending of the episode "Josh Is Done" when Josh doesn't want to deal with Drake anymore, Drake apologizes, and they become close again.
- The theme song is very catchy.
- It created tons of memes, including "I'm pressing it!".
- It's TV films Go Hollywood and Merry Christmas, Drake and Josh are fun to watch.
- Some jokes are too mean-spirited
- The episode "Theater Thug" was poorly received by many fans due to it containing tons of mean-spiritedness against Josh.
- Megan is very unlikable because she gets the boys in trouble just for fun, but often because they can mean to her at times.
- This is Dan Schneider's first and longest running show.