Dying for Pie is the first half of the 24th episode from season two of SpongeBob SquarePants. In the episode, Squidward gives SpongeBob a pie that later turns out to be an explosive bomb in disguise.
When Squidward unknowingly gives SpongeBob a pie laced with explosives, he attempts to make SpongeBob's last day on Earth meaningful.
Why It Rocks
- The episode is known for being one of the most memorable in Season 2 just for it's bizarre premise, brilliant lines, and iconic scenes.
- The animation is clean and bouncy, as usual.
- The scene where SpongeBob yells, "Gary! You are gonna finish the dessert and you are gonna like it!" has become a popular internet meme.
- Amusing and memorable lines like "What's this thing made out of anyways Eyelashes!" or "Yeah this is just great, just the three of us. You, me and this brick wall that you built between us."
- The sister episode, "Imitation Krabs", was good as well.
- The iconic explosion ending scene.
- The episode is pretty grim and gets into pretty dark and messed up stuff; when SpongeBob consumes a pie laced from with explosives from a bomb factory, Mr. Krabs explicitly tells Squidward that he (unintentionally) is the cause of the eventual death of his co-worker.
- The blood that appears in the open-heart surgery can be inappropriate for a kids show.
- The idea of exploding pies is pretty confusing.