Fireman Sam (also known as Sam Tân) is a Welsh children's television series. It is based around the inhabitants of Welsh town Pontypandy, especially firefighter Sam Jones, It ran from 1987 to 2018 with 11 Seasons in total.
Why It Rocks[edit | edit source]
- Catchy music, including the theme song and the rescue theme.
- Nice stop-motion animation, especially in Season 5.
- Really good action.
- Impressive voice acting.
- Likeable characters.
- Plenty of funny moments.
- It teaches kids about fire safety.
- In Season 5, all the characters were voiced by only 3 voice actors. ISN'T THAT TALENT?
- That's nothing. In the first four seasons, every character was voiced by a single actor (John Alderton), who flawlessly gave each character a distinct voice.
Bad Qualities[edit | edit source]
- The stop-motion animation on Seasons 1-4 was cheap. For example, there was a tree moving in the background in one episode, and Sarah and James look older than five-year olds. Fortunately, as mentioned above, Season 5's animation quality improved significantly from these seasons.
- Whilst the voice acting in Season 5 is still impressive like with the prior seasons, some of it can sound a little iffy, especially from Dilys.
- After the stop motion series ended, it went downhill when HiT Entertainment switched the show to CGI by Season 6, and not to mention that several major characters were either removed or flanderized.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.