Friends is an American television sitcom, created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which aired on NBC from September 22, 1994, to May 6, 2004, lasting ten seasons. With an ensemble cast starring Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer, the show revolves around six friends in their 20s and 30s who live in Manhattan, New York City.
Why It Rocks
- It launched the careers of all of the main characters in the show, such as Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry, etc.
- All of the actors give amazing performances.
- The jokes! Nobody can explain how hilarious and wonderful they are! None of it is predictable in any way.
- Chandler Bing is probably one of the best characters in the series. He's funny, hysterical, and Matthew Perry is amazing when playing him.
- Every single character is likable and interesting, none are completely positive or negative.
- Its iconic theme song that has spawned memes.
- The episodes are fast-paced, meaning scenes can go by fast, making it all funnier.
- The show can actually tackle serious topics such as single parenthood, infertility, etc.
- Many iconic running gags, such as Phoebe's "Smelly Cat" song, which has garnered acclaim from fans of the show.
- Every single one of the characters has great chemistry with each other.
- The series finale is heartbreaking to watch.
- Ross Geller can be pretty unlikable at times.