Glitch Techs is a Nickelodeon and Netflix animated series. It was originally slated to premiere on Nickelodeon in 2016 but was moved to Netflix in 2020.
Two kids are recruited to battle video game monsters that have found their way into the real world.
Why It Rocks
- The animation is very fluid, especially in the fight scenes and in the theme song.
- Pleasing art-style, with geometric character designs and a vibrant color palette.
- The story is compelling and similar to Ghostbusters.
- A lot of video game references, like to Pokemon and Castlevania.
- Well-developed characters, including Five and Miko, who have a nice back-and-forth dynamic with each other.
- Miko is so cute.
- The soundtrack is unique, as it is inspired by retro games, and the theme song is really catchy.
- It's one of Nickelodeon's best shows in a long while.
- The episode "Adventures in Pet Training" is really heart-felt and emotional.
- Season 2 introduces new characters, including a game modder named Ridley as well as Mitch's sibings.
- The dialogue can be cringeworthy at times.
- Nickelodeon screwed it over a lot by delaying it and then moving it on Netflix along with Pinky Malinky.
- "Find the Glitch" was just an uneeded clip show episode.