Glitch Techs is a Nickelodeon and Netflix animated series. It was originally slated to premiere on Nickelodeon in 2016 but was moved to Netflix in 2020.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Two kids are recruited to battle video game monsters that have found their way into the real world.
Why It Rocks[edit | edit source]
- The animation is very fluid, especially in the fight scenes and in the theme song.
- Pleasing art-style, with geometric character designs and a vibrant color palette.
- The story is compelling and similar to Ghostbusters.
- A lot of video game references, like to Pokemon and Castlevania.
- Well-developed characters, including Five and Miko, who have a nice back-and-forth dynamic with each other.
- Miko is so cute.
- The soundtrack is unique, as it is inspired by retro games, and the theme song is really catchy.
- It's one of Nickelodeon's best shows in a long while.
- The episode "Adventures in Pet Training" is really heart-felt and emotional.
- Season 2 introduces new characters, including a game modder named Ridley as well as Mitch's sibings.
Bad Qualities[edit | edit source]
- The dialogue can be cringeworthy at times.
- Nickelodeon screwed it over a lot by delaying it and then moving it on Netflix along with Pinky Malinky.
- "Find the Glitch" was just an uneeded clip show episode.