Invader Zim is an American animated television series created by comic book artist Jhonen Vazquez made for Nickelodeon. The series first aired on Nickelodeon on March 30, 2001, and it got canceled just after two seasons due to low ratings, with the final six episodes burnt off to Nicktoons on August 19, 2006.
Why It Rocks
- Incredible voice acting from Richard Steven Horvitz, Andy Berman, Rosearik Rikki Simons, and Melissa Fahn.
- The series is one of Nickelodeon’s most unique animated series which deprives from its usual brightly colored and jubilant type of program, opting for a dreary, cold-hearted look.
- The conceptual storyline revolving an extraterrestrial taking over Earth in a polluted future inserts more into its character.
- Fluid animation whilst mixing dramatic CGI images.
- A few likable characters including the eponymous character, GIR, and Dib Membrane.
- A good amount of episodes have a unique synopses.
- Dib, being an antagonistic hero while Zim being the protagonist villain makes the plot a weird spin from how these two character archetypes are usually depicted in most fiction.
- Plenty of hysterical moments, mostly coming from GIR.
- Exquisite comic book type animation which camouflages the theme.
- It was canceled just after one and a half seasons, leaving out a cliffhanger. Uncanceled, the show would have had 40 episodes. The comic book saga first published on July 8, 2015 whatsoever, helped to fill the gap left dangling.
- Some scenes revolving Gaz can transform pretty dark and violent at times. Unsurprisingly being a goth stirred up controversies on the Christian religion and forced Nickelodeon to tone down or cut out the demon-like aspects she had.
- Its repulsive material can be WAY too nightmarish for young children, namely that one moment of Zim yanking out the intestines from young people in “Dark Harvest” or another kid‘s eye socket swapped in favor.
- Five words: [https://zim.fandom.com/wiki/Gaz:_Taster_of_Pork when Gaz daydreams about meat].
- Two years after the show concluded, a [https://terribletvshows.miraheze.org/wiki/Kid_vs._Kat YTV series] had an eerily identical premise.