Lego City Adventures is an American-Danish computer-animated animated television series produced by The Lego Group. It premiered on Nickelodeon on June 22, 2019.
Most LEGO television series and specials deal in the realms of the fantastic: high-flying superheroes, battling ninja, anthropomorphic animals, space rebels, rampaging dinosaurs... you get the idea. This CG-animated series, set in the sprawling and diverse LEGO City metropolis, instead focuses on characters who are much more down-to-earth and whose work helps bring the community to life. Among the ordinary residents thrust into extraordinary adventures are overly heroic cop Sgt. Duke DeTain, crisis-ready fire Chief Freya McCloud, grumpy street sweeper Shirley Keeper, eager handyman Harl Hubbs, dedicated city Mayor Solomon Fleck and skateboarding police Chief Percival "Wheelie" Wheeler.
Why It Rocks
- The best thing about the series is that it has a diverse and deep cast of characters who each get their own focus episode. Each character is unique in their own way, has a designated role in the city, and they each get character development. No one is truly the main protagonist.
- Really clean animation and special effects.
- Rocking theme song.
- Funny moments here and there.
- Good morals, like working together and being yourself.
- The episode "Buster Moves" manages to execute a well-crafted story with little dialogue.