Little Miss Akane is a shōjo manga series by Tetsuya Chiba. It was serialized in Shōjo Friend, published by Kodansha, from April to September 1968. It was adapted into a monochrome 1968 Toei anime series with the same name directed by Fusahito Nagaki, Yasuo Yamaguchi, Yugo Serikawa and Takeshi Tamiya, which was originally broadcast on Fuji TV.
A cute young girl, Akane formerly lived in the countryside with her grandfather, but decides to return home to Tokyo and go to a prestigious school. However, coming from the country has its downfalls and Akane soon realizes that she doesn't fit in with the snobby rich kids at school. Nonetheless, she finds a friend in a delinquent kid named Hidemaro. He is consistently the victim of bullying and Akane begins to stand up for him. At school, the pair find a dog which they ironically name Chibi despite its great stature. Akane, Hidemaro, and Chibi begin their zany, comedic misadventures.
Why It Rocks
- Akane and Hidemaro are truly an adorable protagonists.
- Cutesy animation.
- The theme song sounds adorably cute.
- Cutesy humor.
- Tons of huggable heartwarming moments.
- Akane's most iconic outfit is extremely cute, with a pair of white socks and a very shiny black Mary Jane shoes.
- This anime is extremely cute.
- Decent voice acting.