Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (小林さんちのメイドラゴン Kobayashi-san Chi no Meidoragon) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Cool-Kyou Shinja. The series began serialization in Futabasha's Monthly Action magazine in May 2013, and is licensed in North America by Seven Seas Entertainment. A spin-off manga by Mitsuhiro Kimura began serialization in Monthly Action in December 2016. An anime television series produced by Kyoto Animation aired in Japan between January and April 2017.
As the office worker Kobayashi gets ready for work, she is greeted by a large dragon staring into her eyes from across the balcony. The dragon immediately transforms into a young humanoid in a maid outfit, and introduces herself as Tohru. It turns out that during a drunken excursion to the mountains the day before, Kobayashi had encountered the dragon, who claims to have come from another world. Having no place to stay, Kobayashi had offered to let the dragon stay at her home; Tohru decided to repay her kindness by working as her personal maid. Despite initial reluctance, a mix of guilt and Tohru's dragon abilities convinces Kobayashi to accept her. Despite being efficient at housework, Tohru's unorthodox methods of housekeeping often end up scaring Kobayashi and bringing more trouble than help. Additionally, Tohru's presence attracts other mythical beings to her new home.
Why It Rocks
- Awesome funny moments and humors.
- Good animation for the anime adoption of Manga.
- Cool visuals.
- Absolutely cute and likable characters with good monster and human designs.
- The rest of this series became an internet meme like "Ravioli ravioli, don't lewd the dragon loli." and "Japanizing Beam"
The Only Bad Quality
- Funimation has added socjus related dub instead of following the original Japanese voice acting. This was caused due to Jamie Marchi changing the lines at her request.