My Little Pony G3 is a Canadian-American musical children's video series from the mid-2000s. Between 2003 and 2007, the ponies appeared in a series of direct-to-video shorts and feature-length films in the first two seasons. Most of them were produced by SD Entertainment. These are set in yet another milieu, and feature the "G3" ponies.
Why It Rocks
- The traditional animation is wonderful and appealing.
- Adorable character designs.
- Likable characters like Pinkie Pie, Minty, Rainbow Dash, Sunny Daze, Wysteria, Kimono, Sparkleworks, Sweetberry, and Cotton Candy.
- The background designs are creative and well-drawn.
- Pinkie Pie and Minty have a heartwarming chemistry.
- Nice story in every episode.
- Awesome theme song, which is another good take of the classic MLP theme.
- Amazing music and songs.
- The narration is interesting, especially Razzaroo's dialogue in "A Charming Birthday".
- There's are good messages and lessons to teach kids about not judging other people by their attention to a bad person.
- Seasons 3-4 are not very well received.
- Pinkie Pie is a bit of a Mary-Sue.
- At least in "A Very Minty Christmas", where Minty cries for ruining Christmas for everyone after the Here Comes Christmas candy cane breaks into pieces.
- The Princess Promenade was a very bad movie.
- Spike can be unlikeable sometimes.
- The Arabic dub was terrible.
- This series was originally released in October 2002 as an original CGI animated TV pilot at the MIPCOM exhibition.
- This series is based on the Hasbro G3 toyline.