My Little Pony G3 is a Canadian-American video series which was exclusively on media in Canada and the US in 2003. It also aired on Treehouse TV in Canada and in the United States on Playhouse Disney in-between programs in 2004. Only 7 episodes were imported to Canada and the US. The first video series with the first 3 episodes was also aired on TFO (Quebec) and Piwi (France).
Why It Rocks[edit | edit source]
- The traditional animation is wonderful and appealing, especially the CGI animation.
- Adorable character designs that looked like rejected Japanese anime characters.
- Cute and likable characters like Pinkie Pie, Minty, Rainbow Dash, Sunny Daze, Wysteria, Kimono, Sparkleworks, Sweetberry, and Cotton Candy.
- The background designs are creative and well-drawn.
- Pinkie Pie and Minty have a heartwarming chemistry.
- Very cute episodes, especially the 2002 pilot presentation.
- Nice story in every episode.
- Awesome theme song.
- Catchy episodes.
- Amazing music and songs.
- The voice acting is great, especially the dialogue in English and in French.
- The narration is interesting, especially Razzaroo's dialogue in the 2002 pilot presentation and "A Charming Birthday".
- "Yes, yes, yes!"
- These videos are released in 2003, which is very enjoyable to watch for preschool girls.
- There are good messages and lessons to teach kids about not judging other people by their attention to a bad person.
- Better than Core 7, G3.5, and Newborn Cuties.
Bad Qualities[edit | edit source]
- Seasons 3-4 are not very well received.
- The pilot presentation is Canada only.
- It is very respective and very torturous to big people, like Bronies, MLP G4 fans, Fandom users, YouTubers, etc.
- Pinkie Pie is a bit of a Mary-Sue.
- At least in "A Very Minty Christmas", where Minty cries for ruining Christmas for everyone after the Here Comes Christmas candy cane breaks into pieces.
- The Princess Promenade was a very bad episode, because Zipzee's running gag of spectacularly sneezing due to pollen allergies can get very grating.
- "Princesses do not have equals!"
- Spike can be unlikeable sometimes.
- At least in "The Runaway Rainbow", where Spike tells the ponies that they're will be no more rainbows in Ponyville.
- The Arabic dub was terrible, awful, and very bad.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
This video series is based on the Hasbro toyline.