Ryder leads a team of rescue pups (Marshall, Rubble, Chase, Rocky, Zuma , Skye, Everest, Tracker, Tuck, Ella and Rex) who save their town from everyday emergencies, whether it's finding missing elephants, fixing windmills or another minor mishap involving clumsy Cap'n Turbot.
Why It Rocks Edit
- Nice CGI animation that is easy on the eyes and improves in the later seasons.
- Great humor and funny characters, such as Cap'n Turbot.
- Most of the episodes have very intriguing plots.
- Ryder is a good role model, he demonstrates leadership efficiently.
- Adorable character designs, especially the rescue pups.
- Morally educational, as it teaches good lessons about teamwork, the importance of where you live, social responsibility and taking care of difficult situations.
- Catchy theme song.
- Might encourage children to help their fellow residents, which is beautifully executed in the show.
- Decent voice acting.
- Reasonably easy for toddlers to understand, and it's not pandering.
- Some of the emergencies the pups have to face are relatable, especially to children, and sometimes to adults.
Bad Qualities Edit
- The layout of the episodes can get repetitive and tedious.
- The older seasons aren't as good as the newer ones.
- Chase and Marshall are overused in the episodes, "at the expenses" of other main characters especially Zuma.
- When the pups sing, they sound scratchy.
- Catchphrases can be annoying towards older viewers.
- PAW Patrol got a 6.8/10 on IMDb and and 8/10 on TV.com.