Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel is a cross-over episode of the animated series Phineas and Ferb, that featured characters from Marvel Entertainment. It aired on August 16, 2013, on Disney Channel and on August 25, 2013, on Disney XD. The special was released on DVD on October 1, 2013.
When Dr. Doofenshmirtz's latest invention causes the Marvel heroes to lose their powers, they team up with Phineas and Ferb to save the world from Doofenshmirtz and the Marvel villains.
Why It Rocks
- It is one of the first crossovers between an original Disney show and a Disney-bought company.
- Stays faithful to both franchises.
- Awesome animation that fits the style of the characters, especially on Marvel's side.
- Doofenshmirtz dynamic with the Marvel villains is hilarious.
- Amazing action scenes, especially the final battle of the episode.
- Exciting and unpredictable plot.
- The idea of the Marvel superheroes trying to get used to each other's powers is interesting.
- Great and comedic dialogue.
- Emotional scenes of Phineas getting angry at Candace for interfering with their chance to save the world, which is a nice change of pace from his usually optimistic shtick.
- The duet Candace and Isabelle sing together about being useless to the team despite trying to help is very sad.
- While the plot is exciting, how the superheroes lose their powers seems kind of forced.
- While satisfying, Phineas shouting at Candace for interfering seems a little mean-spirited and out of character for Phineas.
- Captain America was not featured. However, his arch enemy, Red Skull, was.
Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel had 3.8 million viewers, the series highest ratings in six months. It ranked as the night's number one TV telecast across major youth demos and was the number one cable TV telecast in total viewers. In the United Kingdom it garnered 234,000 viewers when it premiered on September 12, 2013.