Polly Pocket is an animated television series produced for Family Channel by Mattel, with WildBrain animating the series. The series based on the doll of the same name, will feature a young girl called Polly who has a magical locket that allows her and her friends to shrink down to a tiny size.
Why It Rocks
- This series marks the return of Polly Pocket to a animated series, after the discontinuation of the franchise in the United States in 2015.
- Also marks the return of 2D animated Polly Pocket, since the 2010 webseries changed to CGI in Season 2.
- Plus, the toyline also had a reboot based on the series and significantly improved from the previous one.
- Polly's father, Mr. Pocket (John Pocket on PollyWorld) from the old Polly Pocket movies officially returns on this series and now had his wife revealed and also Polly has two brothers and a dog called Peaches.
- Lila and Shani also return in this series as Polly's two only best friends.
- Having Polly having a powerful locket inherited from her grandma, Penelope Pocket, which allows shrinks her and her friends to a tiny size makes sense and is an interesting concept.
- Great animation, most of the time.
- Very cute character designs.
- Griselle Grande and her granddaughter Gwen are effective villains and comic relief characters at the same time, especially the latter when it comes to comic relief. They also provide a villanous odd-couple comedy.
- Good voice acting.
- Awesome, rocking theme song.
- Rick (who was replaced by Nicholas in this series), Lea and Crissy, from the old Polly Pocket movies and the 2010 webseries don't appear and aren't mentioned in this series.
- The same goes to Polly's cousin, Pia from 2 Cool at the Pocket Plaza movie, after the movie, she didn't appear again in any Polly Pocket related media, not even in the 2010 webseries and neither in this 2018 reboot series as well.
- The animation can look cheap sometimes.
- It overuses sound effects, which can get annoying.