Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty, officially shortened to RBUK (/ɑːrbʌk/), is an American animated children's television series created by Rich Magallanes. The series is produced by toy company Funrise, and aired its first episode on Janua
The series stars Felicity, a spirited magical kitty who is also part rainbow, butterfly, and unicorn, as she goes on adventures with her friends in the mashup city of Mythlandia.
Why It Rocks
- The animation and visuals are really well balanced.
- Most of characters are likable and relatable.
- Felicity is a pretty likable character as she cares for others and is nice to everyone around her. She has her fair share of mistakes but she learns from them most of the time, she's also shown to encourage happiness and optimism as well, which is very touching and sweet.
- Miguel is a very relatable character, as his awkwardness can make him relatable to people who also suffer from this.
- Adorable and creative character designs.
- It teaches great morals, such as nobody has to be perfect in the episode "Nobody's Purrfect". It also promotes individuality and self-confidence.
- Tons of heartwarming scenes.
- Some clever original jokes, such as the constant cartoon gags that seem to be inspired by Looney Tunes.
- Catchy music, like the theme song for example.
- Good voice acting, especially Allegra Clark as Felicity.
- Certain elements are overly similar to Cartoon Network’s UniKitty!.
- Some of the plots can be unoriginal.
- A few attempts to be relevant. For example, the show is named after a meme.
- Some people may find Felicity's design to be jarring, considering that her design has a lot of rainbow color gradients
In the US, Nickelodeon acquired the broadcast rights to the first season from Funrise Toys, and the show currently airs exclusively on its sister channel Nicktoons.ry 27, 2019.