Sabrina: The Animated Series is an American animated children's television series based on the Archie Comics character Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It was produced by Savage Studios Ltd. and Hartbreak Films in association with DiC Entertainment, which was owned by Disney at the time.
Why It Rocks
- Sabrina is still a likable teenage witch.
- Chloe Flan is a awesome friend to Sabrina.
- Harvey Kinkle is very cute.
- Great Animation, even more on the Disney-esque side than DIC, but still great.
- Cool and catchy theme song was made by the Irish girl band, B*witched.
- Great voice acting, specially to Melissa Joan Hart's cousin Emily Hart, who did a great job as Sabrina and Nick Bakay reprising as Salem in this series, Melissa Joan Hart herself voices Hilda and Zelda.
- Spawned a good TV movie as part of the DIC Movie Toons series, called: Sabrina: Friends Forever!, which had a different voice cast to the show.
- Uncle Quigley, who was created for this cartoon, makes for a great straight man to the rest of the cast.
- It also spanned a reboot of the Sabrina comics, which used characters and settings from this series.
- Was advertised as a spin-off of the live-action series and borrowing certain elements from it, in reality, this show was set in the original Archie Comics canon.
- It only lasted one season.
- Its follow-up series, Sabrina's Secret Life isn't as good as the original, and it's produced by the infamous Les Studios Tex.