Sailor Moon (美少女戦士セーラームーン Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn) is a 1992 Japanese anime television series produced by Toei Animation using Super Sentai motifs. It is based on the manga of the same title written by Naoko Takeuchi that was published from 1991 to 1997 in Nakayoshi. Sailor Moon first aired in Japan on TV Asahi from March 7, 1992 to February 8, 1997.
Why It Rocks
- Outstanding theme song.
- Wonderful animation and character designs.
- Lovable characters, such as Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Venus, and Sailor Chibi Moon.
- It had a new spin-off.
- Wonderfully animated transformations.
- Cute and entertaining.
- DiC Entertainment/Cloverway Inc. badly butchered the series, keeping the same name, with some heavy editing which was resulted in large amounts of removed content and alterations that greatly changed the original work.
- Chibiusa, while lovable, can be more or less unlikable and immature to Usagi.