Stranger Things is an American science fiction-horror web television series created, written, and directed by the Duffer Brothers.
When a young boy disappears, his mother, a police chief, and his friends, must confront terrifying forces in order to get him back.
Why It Rocks
- Well-done character and story-development in each and everyone of the show’s episodes.
- Likable, relatable characters, especially Mike, Lucas, Eleven and Dustin.
- Amazing and terrifying special effects.
- It has shown to be a very popular television series among viewers around the world.
- Flawless acting and great casting choices from each of the cast members.
- It also began the careers of many child actors, such as Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Noah Scnhapp etc..
- Many of the characters have shown to share great chemistry with eachother, especially the child and teenage characters.
- It’s become one of Netflix’s most popular and highly-praised shows.
- A splendid amount of funny, scary, heart-warming and serious moments all very-well paced. The show can also have a few creepy X-Files-type vibes here and there.
- A wonderfully creative, original plot for a television series.
- An accurate 80s setting.
- Excellent cinematography.
- Mark Steger has done a nightmarish yet astounding performance as the Demogorgon.
- The episodes are well-paced and thought up.
- A couple nice throwbacks and 80s references, like how Mike and his friends dress up like the Ghostbusters.
- The song “Friends Don’t Lie” is beautiful and well-sung.
- The bully characters are bland.
- Eleven can be a brat.
- The running gag of Eleven craving Eggo Waffles, while memorable, is also just hidden product placement.