That's So Raven is comedy/family Disney sitcom that ran from 2003 to 2007. It was created by Michael Poryes and Susan Sherman.
A bubbly teenager named Raven Baxter has the ability to see glimpses of the future. The ones who are most familiar with her psychic ability are her parents and her 2 best friends, Chelsea and Eddie. Her visions sometimes save her or get her and the people around her into trouble. She can never see what's coming up next.
Why It Rocks
- Teaches lessons about how life can be unpredictable, even if you know what is going to happen next, so it's sometimes best to wait before you act on it.
- Very likable characters.
- Amazing theme song.
- Sometimes covers serious issues, such as racism, smoking and weight-editing problems in models.
- Raven's memorable catchphrases, most notably "Oh snap!" and "Ya little nasty!".
- Apart from the unpredictability of life, That's So Raven teaches valuable lessons to kids and adults.
- Some heart-warming and relatable moments.
- Hilarious and clever jokes.
- The plot of the show in general is a very interesting and original concept.
- Well-written episodes.
- The musical episode, The Road to Audition, had lots of catchy, talented and well-performed songs.
- Raven is a good role model and a pretty solid female lead.
- Raven uses her powers to help people, not to show off. Take note on that Nickelodeon!
- Raven will do anything for Eddie and Chelsea, even if it means getting expelled.
- 100 episodes
- Dialogue can be cheesy sometimes.
- Chelsea's faithfulness to her vegan ways can be annoying.
- Raven's not too fond of her younger brother.
- Both Raven and Eddie (usually Eddie) can be unlikeable from time-to-time.
- It is the first Disney Channel show to hit 100 episodes.