The Cleveland Show is an American adult animated sitcom that is a spin-off to Family Guy. It ran on FOX from 2009 to 2013. It currently airs reruns on Comedy Central, VH1 and BET.
The show follows Cleveland Brown back in his hometown of Stoolbend, Virginia with his new family.
Why These Seasons Rock
- One of the characters, Rallo Tubbs, is a great and hilarious character.
- The theme song is pretty catchy.
- Cleveland can be funny at times.
- Decent voice acting, with Mike Henry reprising his role as Cleveland Brown.
- The animation is pretty good, and an improvement over the modern seasons of Family Guy.
- Some good episodes, like “Die Semi-Hard”.
- Although Season 1, was not good. The Next 3 seasons were improvements.
- Heartwarming moments here and there.
- The show was able to not make itself similar to Family Guy.
- Catchy songs.
- Donna is a very good wife to Cleveland.
- The jokes were funnier and were not like Family Guy's later seasons.
- Pop culture references, such as the episode titles.
- Great Credits Theme. With a Jazzy Theme.
- It still references Family Guy.
- Great guest appearances with Kanye West, Bruno Mars and many more.
- The idea is not a good one, as Cleveland isn't fit to star in his own show. However, that changed.
- Season 1 was has not aged well.
- Auntie Momma (a Madea expy and somewhat a spoof of the character) is an extremely annoying and disgusting character because she keeps saying that she's outrageous emitting flatulence, and even worse, portraying her as just semi-stereotypical black Transwoman as part of a semi-recurring joke for both Terry Crews' crossdressing and Donna Tubbs' personality foil.
- Some episodes can get mean-spirited, such as "Frapp Attack!".
- Over-reliance on gross-out humor. For example, the episode Gone with the Wind has Cleveland do nothing but fart the entire episode. There’s also literally an subplot from "Terry Unmarried" that centers around Rallo and Junior talking about eating their own boogers, as well as the thanksgiving special where everybody did nothing but vomit. But that changed in Season 2.
- Not only does Cleveland Jr. look almost nothing like he initially did in Family Guy, but his voice can get annoying at times.
- Roberta is an unlikable character. Same with Lester's wife Kendra.