The Powerpuff Girls is an American superhero animated television series created by animator Craig McCracken for Cartoon Network from 1998 to 2005. The show centers on Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, three girls with superpowers, as well as their father, the brainy scientist Professor Utonium, who all live in the city of Townsville. The girls are frequently called upon by the town's childlike and naive mayor to help fight nearby criminals using their powers.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The show focuses on Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, three super powered sisters who were accidentally created in a lab by Professor Utonium who raises them as his daughters. They regularly save the City of Townsville from villains such as Mojo Jojo, the Gangreen Gang, Princess Morbucks and Him. Blossom is the self-proclaimed leader of the trio, Bubbles is the cute one and Buttercup is the toughest one.
Why It Rocks[edit | edit source]
- Simple and cutesy animation.
- The opening theme music is really cool.
- A hilarious, overly-dramatic narrator in most episodes.
- The Girls' voice actresses were great.
- Buttercup's tomboyish personality is so adorable.
- The crime-fighting scenes were awesome.
- Plenty of cool villains such as Mojo Jojo, Princess Morbucks, Sedusa, the Gangreen Gang and Him.
- Plenty of funny characters such as The Mayor of Townsville.
- The Girls themselves are cute, awesome and work off each other well..
- Offered a proper blend of humor and action.
- The hit song, Love Makes The World Go Round from the episode, "Mime for a Change".
- The movie
- The first four seasons were brilliant.
- A lot of emotional moments such as Bunny's sacrifice in "Twisted Sisters".
- The 10th anniversary special "The Powerpuff Girls Rule!!!" (which Craig McCracken directed) was a great finale to the show.
Bad Qualities[edit | edit source]
- The final two seasons (seasons 5 and 6) were universally panned by critics, audiences, and fans, and had a lot of problems as it was the series decline from quality after Craig McCracken left the show to work on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and handed the direction over to Chris Savino, who previously messed up Dexter's Laboratory in its last two seasons, and later created Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil (which is co-created by Sandro Corsaro) and The Loud House.
- Despite this is a cute show, there are some really messed up episodes including "Boogie Frights" (excluding the dancing motifs), "Power-Noia", "Tough Love", "Knock It Off, and "Abracadaver") But the most infamous for being so scary is "Speed Demon".and the most darkest is "Twisted Sisters" (the debut and only episode starring Bunny). Not to mention the Adult jokes that audiences missed as a child.
- The reboot is garbage and odd-looking, but fortunately it was an improvement over the show's last two seasons .
- The saddest episode, The City of Frownsville was dedicated to the citizens of Manhattan, New York who died after the tragic 9/11 attack when the airplanes crashed into the Manhattan World Trade Center Twin Towers. And it was dedicated to the Manhattan firefighter who was killed. At least the episode had a happy ending though.
- Some unlikable characters and villains, like Mitch Mitchelson, Femme Fatale and Dick Hardly.
- At times, the show is considered under-hated in all the world.