"The Rowdyruff Boys" is the twelfth episode in the first season of the Original Powerpuff Girls.
Mojo Jojo creates the ultimate weapons against the Powerpuff Girls. They're Brick, Boomer, and Butch - The Rowdyruff Boys, male equivalents. When regular fighting does not work against the Boys, the Girls have to use their feminine wiles to seal a victory.
Why It Rocks
- Mojo Jojo's plan is very creative and well done, as he basically creates the opposite gender of the Powerpuff Girls by calling the Professor for the ingredients and cutting off a man's armpit hair and getting some snails to use them as sources to fight against them when being imprisoned 3 times - who are known as the Rowdyruff Boys. His robot design at the start also looks pretty cool.
- The designs of the Rowdyruff Boys look very cool and are great bad-to-the-bone villains - especially considering that they're the opposite gender of the girls. They also have great moves and attack patterns.
- The montage of Mojo Jojo constantly getting attacked by the girls and imprisoned is pretty funny to watch along with Mojo prank calling Bubbles & the Professor to get the ingredients for the Powerpuff Girls, and even the girls hanging off the Mayor's window and him saying hello to all three of them.
- The girls are still likable characters for fighting Mojo Jojo and his evil schemes along with the Rowdyruff Boys. And also at the end for being nice to the boys as Ms Bellum told them by kissing them on the cheek, causing them to explode.
- Ms Bellum was also likable for talking to the girls and giving them advice on how they should be to the boys.
- Some emotional moments, such as when the girls fell and made a giant crack on the ground and let out a massive but silent explosion. Then, everyone started crying and even the narrator was sad and said "say it isn't so, say it isn't true, say anything, girls - say goodbye". And especially, when the girls came back from the tears everyone let out and said that they lost and can't fight crime anymore.
- "Besides, you haven't lost, you've just been taking the problem from the wrong angle" & "Instead of fighting, try being nice" - Ms Bellum to the girls.
- Good Ending: Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup try to be nice instead of fighting by kissing the boys, causing them to explode into pieces. Then, we see Blossom saying that she liked kissing along with Bubbles, but Buttercup didn't like it - then it ends with the narrator saying that the day was saved thanks to the Powerpuff Girls.
- It holds a rating of 8.4/10 on IMDB.
- This was the first half-hour special of the Original Powerpuff Girls.