The Tom and Jerry Show is an American TV series based on Hanna-Barbera cartoon, Tom and Jerry, for Cartoon Network and later, Boomerang.
Why it Rocks
- It's a big improvement over the 1975 show of the same name.
- Stays true to the original Tom and Jerry shorts in every level.
- Archival recordings from William Hanna and Mel Blanc as Tom and Jerry are used.
- Good Flash animation, and the character designs are faithful to the original designs.
- Great voice acting. Tuffy's voice by Kath Soucie sounds really cute.
- Despite being short, the theme song is a nice updated version of the original Tom and Jerry theme tune.
- Tom & Jerry's dueling is still enjoyable to watch.
- It's previous series from 2006-2008, Tom and Jerry Tales, was also fun to watch.
- The infamous series premiere started the series badly and 17th episode of Season 2.
- The Flash animation, while good, appears to be much more stiff and restricted during Season 1. Thankfully as of Season 2 onwards, the animation quality has improved to be much looser and more true to the original shorts.
- While most of the characters stay true to their original personalities, Spike has been rather flanderized, where he went from a dog who was Jerry's sidekick against Tom to a mean, short-tempered and unlikable jerk who beats up both Tom and Jerry.