The Walking Dead is an action-drama zombie apocalypse television series that first aired in October 31, 2010 and is based on the comic book series of the same name.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Sheriff Deputy Rick Grimes wakes up from a coma to learn the world is in ruins, and must lead a group of survivors to stay alive.
Why It Rocks[edit | edit source]
- The actors and their performances are outstanding and beyond wonderful, especially from Norman Reedus and Chandler Riggs.
- The idea of a television series about characters trying to survive a zombie apocalypse is very original.
- Each and every one of the episodes are nicely-written and well-developed.
- The cinematography and camera angles is wonderful, well-shot and has a mysteriously creepy tone to it.
- Well-done character development, especially Carl Grimes who went from a nervous, shy little boy to a tough, head-strong teenager who can take a challenge.
- Likable and interesting characters, such as Daryl Dixon, Rick Grimes, Carl Grimes and Carol.
- Many well-executed funny, serious, sad, action-packed, powerful and/or heartwarming moments throughout the series.
- The deaths of many of the main characters can be very heartbreaking.
- The environment is wonderful and goes great with the tone of show.
- All of the characters share amazing chemistry with eachother.
- It gained a spin-off (Fear the Walking Dead) that was just as good.
- Though it’s a horror fiction, it can have some very realistic and relatable moments here and there.
Bad Quality[edit | edit source]
- The episode with Carl’s death did not sit well with fans of the show.