UniKitty! is a Danish-American, traditionally-animated, comedy-based television series on Cartoon Network. It is based on the 2014 film The Lego Movie.
Why It Rocks
- The characters, especially for Unikitty, are very cute and likable, such as the title character.
- The voice acting, especially for Grey Griffin, Kate Micucci, Roger Craig Smith, etc. is actually good.
- Catchy theme song by Babymetal (a Japanese band that fuses heavy metal and J-pop to make a new genre, called "kawaii metal").
- It's very adventurous in terms of storylines.
- Very cute animation that was well made in 2017 standards.
- The visuals are really well done.
- Lots of funny moments and good jokes with better humor and better comedy.
- Very well-done story episode plots.
- Besides the show itself, the toy-line the LEGO group made is pretty unique as we get a new mold for the Unikitty toy which is more playable than the original Unikitty toy from the 2014 LEGO movie.
- Loads of funny moments in the show; an example is a scene from Tour of Unikingdom.
- Its series finale: The Birthday To End All Birthdays, was a good way to end the show.
- The characters can get a bit annoying at times in each episode.
- Tara Strong is kinda miscast as UniKitty, due to sounding nothing like the character.
- Cringy and inappropriate scenes, such as Hawkodile twerking at the end of the infamous episode, “Grown Up Stuff”.
- The show is censored in the in the United Kingdom & Asia/Philippines because of UniKitty's rage mode.